2009 Nissan GT-R Specs

2009 Nissan GT-R

Finally after a long wait, the official images have been release of the 2009 Nissan GT-R.

The long awaited supercar is believed to have a 3.8L V6 pushing around 450 horsepower to all four wheels although official specs will not be announced until the Tokyo Auto Show.

According to Nissan the GT-R will have a 0-60 time of 3.5 seconds and can complete the 1/4 mile in only 11.7 seconds. This makes for one freaking fast car.

I think that I like the other versions of the GT-R better in terms of looks but we will be excited to drive it when we can. The Skyline was always known for it’s raw power wrapped in a very simple interior. It seems like this one has gotten prettied up a bit and they are looking to compete with the likes of the Porsche 911 Turbo. We will certainly have a full video when we get behind the wheel, and maybe even do a comparison between the two.

Allen:

I’ve always been a big fan of the Nissan Skyline and sadly disappointed that it has never been released in the U.S.A. As Austin mentioned already, the looks seem more aggressive than the past models of the Skyline GT-R which I actually liked. It was subtle and its performance said it all.

I’m a little upset that Nissan has dropped the Skyline name from the vehicle but you cannot deny that is where this car is derived from, just look at the taillights. I can only speculate on the reasons Nissan dropped the name but my best guess is that it had something to do with marketing or possibly the fact that it no longer uses the tradition straight-six engine which would make the car closer to Nissan’s Z car then a Skyline. Either way the “Skyline” is gone.

As far as looks are concerned, it is little too angular. On the other hand, the interior looks awesome and if I was to own one of these cars it would be what I would see most of the time anyway. I think my favorite portion out of all the pictures is the gauge cluster with monster tachometer and awesome gauge layout. All around I’m looking forward to seeing this monster in the U.S.A. and my opinion being swayed on its exterior looks.

2009 Nissan GT-R

2009 Nissan GT-R Engine

2009 Nissan GT-R

2009 Nissan GT-R

2009 Nissan GT-R Interior

2009 Nissan GT-R

(photos courtesy of Nissan Motors Corporation Inc.)

20 comments ↓

#1 Austin on 10.16.07 at 7:08 pm

I think the reason that they dropped the Skyline name is that the Skyline still exists in Japan, but it is known as the Infiniti G35 here. In japan they just announced the new Skyline Coupe (G37). I think that is the reasoning. Also outside of enthusiasts, the Skyline has not had a name here.

#2 Allen on 10.17.07 at 10:14 am

I didn’t think about that. Good point, Austin.

#3 JOSE on 10.26.07 at 10:22 am

lOVE THE CAR .LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE IT ON THE CALIFORNIA ROADS.I’M A 35 YEAR OLD GEAR HEAD.I BEEN INTO FAST CARS SINCE I WAS 14.MY FATHER BUILT MY FIRST FAST CAR IT WAS A 1972 CHEVELLE SS.
I BEEN A CHEVY GUY FOR YEARS MY LAST FULL RACE CAR WAS A 1969 CHEVY NOVA WITH 500HP TO THE REAR.KNOW I OWN A 2004 MITSUBISHI EVOLUTION WITH A 26 POUND TURBO AFTERMARKET INJECTORS. 3.5” HKS STAINLESS STEEL FULL EXHAUST AND STAGE 3 CLUTCH.IF I CAN I WILL BUY THE SKYLINE.CANT WAIT KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

#4 Allen on 10.30.07 at 9:50 am

Jose,
Thanks for the Comment!
Allen

#5 Cory on 11.27.07 at 5:21 pm

sounds good, There will be only 1500 sent to the U.S. I just wrote a post dated check to a dealer in mobile, AL for a deposit on the car because they only would accept money for the car after January 1, 2008 I looking forward to getting my hands on mine!!!!!

#6 Cory on 11.27.07 at 5:23 pm

Hands down these cars will hold there value!!

#7 Allen on 11.28.07 at 9:58 am

Congrats on your purchase Cory! You’ll have to tell us how it drives.

#8 Cory on 11.28.07 at 4:51 pm

Thanks!!!, A very good thing about this car is that the motor is so well designed and strong with aluminum and forged everything a person could simply put a boost controller on the car a easily get 200 plus horses and the engine, trans etc would hold up easily

#9 Austin on 11.28.07 at 9:36 pm

Can you imagine how crazy fast that would be simply by upping the boost. This thing runs 11s stock!! You wouldn’t even be able to run it at the drag strip without a roll cage if you upgraded it much more than that. I am keen to see exactly what kind of car it is.

#10 Cory on 11.29.07 at 4:03 pm

Yep and that is 11s from a regular take off what if you launched from 4thousand rpms or so, I dont think people realize how bad azz this car will be!!!!!

#11 toyota on 03.01.08 at 12:31 am

And what charge of gasoline and at its what dealer can be bought from this car?

#12 Drew on 04.30.08 at 8:15 am

Too bad the car is going to run about 100 grand, at least here in Georgia because of it’s limited production. For that cost you could get an RS4, drop 30 grand in it, and have a higher quality car. Since the GTR is running a V6, even with that twin turbos, tuners will be limited with upgrade cause the motor won’t be able to take it, it will rattle it’s self apart before it gets to 800hp. If you really want a Skyline and are willing to pay 100grand, talk to the guys in California and get an R34. inline 6, sequential turbos, all-wheel drive,all-wheel steer, and a better platform for racing and upgrading

#13 Allen on 05.09.08 at 11:41 am

I don’t know if I agree completely with Drew. I would think that Nissan would build a better car than the R34. I do think that they made a mistake getting rid of the inline six. It is a better block but I think they spent millons of dollars to build a great car. If your going to drop 100k into any car you should think about the new ZR1 Corvette rarer and faster than the GTR… in the end to each his own. I personally like the 1987 Toyota Corolla GT-S

#14 richard on 05.21.08 at 7:14 pm

cory. Have they given you any word on when your gt-r might be in?

#15 happyface on 06.10.08 at 7:14 am

What you likely haven’t heard about is this: launch control. Despite its bold 3.5-second 0-60-mph claim, Nissan has been keeping this little bit of technological wizardry a secret. Test a GT-R in the homeland, however, and the need for confidentiality is quickly overwhelmed by the need for speed.

Controlling the Launch
Activating the Nissan GT-R’s launch control is a matter of configuring its transmission, dynamics control and damping adjustments properly. The transmission and damping switches must both be set to the R mode and the VDC must be switched off completely by holding the VDC-R button down for a few seconds. Then it’s just a matter of pinning the brake with your left foot and wooding the throttle with your right, not unlike the technique used to produce a tire-shredding burnout in that ’85 Camaro you drove in high school.

The result, however, is quite different. The computer holds the engine at 4,500 rpm and waits for you to lift your left foot off the brake pedal. When you do the GT-R produces the most crushing acceleration of virtually any production car in the world. Our test was conducted on a fairly low-grip surface that produced lots of rear wheelspin before the GT-R’s sophisticated all-wheel-drive system engaged the front wheels and it thundered down the track. Its 3.3-second 0-60-mph run and 11.6 at 120.9 mph performance make the GT-R the quickest car we’ve ever tested.

It’s even quicker than the Porsche 911 Turbo Tiptronic, but not by much.

#16 jamie on 07.24.08 at 8:45 am

i live in the uk and just yeterday i placed a order from japan but in english sat nav well my dad did for my b-day prsent carnt wait till it come i bet my dad will all ways be in it but will you be able to buy upgrades cus i have a ford mk5 an it moded so much you wouldnt be able to reconis it soz i carnt spell

#17 Adam on 12.22.08 at 6:25 pm

i bought one not 2 long ago i spend 82 grand on it it is extremely incredible i have driven a lamborghini diablo and a ferrari enzo and yet i like this car a little more for 1 its less known so when i go down the streets heads turn from every corner out there i actually was cruising down state street and a 2008 gt500 mustang came up with about 60 grand under the hood i beat it off the line and beat it to the light it was sweet there are only 2 in my state because all the others got sold out of state but it rips like none other any questions just email me at Digidust1@juno.com

#18 Allen on 12.23.08 at 11:47 am

Thanks for the repsonse. Sounds like a wonderful car.

#19 mobitronia on 07.21.09 at 8:35 pm

i’m fond of nissan cars. they are stunning and easy to drive.

#20 Anonymous1 on 09.15.10 at 11:34 am

Nissan SUCKS!
Their (filthy) company are useless & stupid.
Nissan are scum, morons & gangster assholes. (Their dumb & brainless drivers, fans, etc are sore losers)
All their (crap) vehicles are all shit, rubbish, garbage & all dump.
Their (needless & unnecessary) companies must be removed from this face of this planet.
Anyway Nissan (forever) SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS & SUCKS!